Gokyo Valley trek offers you off the beaten trails, experiences through glacial moraine trail, glacial valleys, steep ascent of Cho La Pass, and the sense of important accomplishment as you reach the Gokyo Ri. Most of the days you will be walking in the Khumbu region, through sparse settlements of Sherpa people, some of which are very remote, as you will find. As the yellowish-red rays pour onto the Everest, radiating the horizon, a suffocating sense of affection erupts your heart; reminisce of which will last for your lifetime! At Gokyo, you can visit the Gokyo Peak, Gokyo lakes, and enjoy the views of Mt. Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, and the Everest.
Experience the variation of culture, climatic change in very short geographical diversity, the small Himalayan children with cheerful smiles, the breathtaking beauty of nature, the challenges of the trail, through forests and moraines, ascending and descending the gentle and demanding peaks of Khumbu region. The trek isn't much difficult, if your body can endure long hours of walking every day, and have no ankle and knee problem, you can complete this trek without many obstacles. All you have to do is allocate sufficient time for acclimatization and stay hydrated and healthy.
Day 1 : Arrival at Kathmandu
Day 2 : Flight to Lukla/ Trek to Phakding
Day 3 : Trek to Namche Bazar
Day 4 : At Namche Bazar
Day 5 : Trek to Phortse Tanga
Day 6 : Trek to Machhermo
Day 7 : Trek to Gokyo
Day 8 : At Gokyo
Day 9 : Trek to Dole
Day 10 : Trek to Namche Bazar
Day 11 : Trek to Lukla
Day 12 : Flight to Kathmandu
Day 13 : Departure
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu
As you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport, we shall be there waiting to receive you. You will then be taken to your hotel. You can do shopping for the trek starting from the next day. After we discuss our trek, we shall be enjoying Nepalese dishes in the Welcome Dinner. Stay overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing
In this day, after having breakfast, we will visit UNESCO World heritage sites such as; Pashupatinath Temple, Swyambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, and royal Kathmandu Durbar Square. In the evening, our representative will provide you short explanation class about the Gokyo Valley trek then you will be prepared for the next day trek. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 3: Flight to Lukla (2800m) Trek to Phakding (2652m)
After breakfast, you have a 30 minutes flight to Lukla. You will meet with your local guide and porter there. Then you shall trek towards Phakding. Passing Chablung, Tharo Koshi River, Ghat, you shall cross ridge with Mani Stones. From here, you will climb uphill to reach Phakding. Stay overnight at Phakding.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m)
Ascending steep ridge you will reach Benkar. Through the forest of magnolia, firs, and rhododendron, alongside the Dudh Koshi River, the trail leads you to Kyashar Khola. You will cross the river to reach the Monjo Village. Entering into the Everest National Park, you shall descend all the way to Jorsale. Crossing some rivers, you shall ascend to reach Namche Bazar. Overnight at Namche Bazar.
Day 5: Acclimatization’s day at Namche Bazar (3440m)
You will spend this day for acclimatization and hiking to nearby villages, such as Khumjung and Khunde. You may pay a visit to the Sherpa museum, Tourist Visitor Center, monastery, and can also climb Syangboche. As you hike around, you will get the opportunity to get familiarize with Himalayan fauna and flora. Overnight at Namche Bazar.
Day 6: Trek to Phortse Tanga (3810m)
This is another day of ascending and descending. Descending down to Kyanjuma, passing Sansa, Mong, further descending to Dudh Koshi River, you will ascend through the forest full with rhododendron to reach Phortse Tanga. Throughout this trek, you will devour glimpses of Mt. Ama Dablam, Tawoche, Thamserku, and Khumbila. Overnight at Phortse Tanga.
Day 7: Trek to Machhermo (4800m)
Today's trek offers you an opportunity to view Himalayan wildlife such as musk deer, mountain goats, and pheasants, from very close. Passing through waterfalls, several bridges, and forests, you shall reach Dole. You will ascend through Luza Village and other villages, all the way to Machhermo. Stay overnight at Machhermo.
Day 8: Trek to Gokyo (4800m)
After breakfast in the morning, you shall ascend uphill, through ridge and Chorten, you shall reach Phangga. You will ascend the moraine of Ngozamba Glacier, after descending to the river. Passing through Longpongo, Raboche Tsho, and Dudh Pokhari, you shall reach to Gokyo. In the first lake, you will see the footprints of Lama. Stay overnight at Gokyo.
Day 9: At Gokyo (4800m), trek to Gokyo Ri.
Today is your rest day, even though you shall ascend to Gokyo Ri for the magnificent views of the stunning Himalayas. You will also visit the fourth lake in the Gokyo with mountains overlooking it and high cliffs. You will also visit the fifth lake. From a nearby village, you will get an opportunity to view Mt. Gyachung Kang, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, and the Everest. In addition to that, you will spend this day for acclimatization. Stay overnight at Gokyo.
Day 10: Trek to Dole (4110m)
Passing through the first Gokyo lake, after descending from Gokyo, you will have to ascend uphill. You will get the opportunity to view Mt. Thamserku, Kangtega, and Cho Oyu, as you reach the edge of the Chorten. Walking past Machhermo, Luza and Lhamfarma Villages you will reach to Dole. Stay overnight at Dole.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m)
After breakfast in the morning, you will make steep descending to Phortse Thanga. Through Mong, passing the junction from Sansa, you will reach all the way to Namche Bazar. Throughout the trek, you will witness wildflowers, rhododendron, and waterfalls, Mt. Taboche, Ama Dablam, Kangtega, and Thamserku. Overnight at Namche Bazar.
Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2800m)
You shall trek over the leveled route, after descending rocky trail and crossing some suspension bridges. You will follow the same trail we made in our start trek backward. Trek back to Lukla is about 5 hours. We shall enjoy the success of our trek at Lukla. Overnight at Lukla.
Day 13: Flight to Kathmandu (1320m)
It takes about 30 minutes to reach Kathmandu from Lukla. After you arrive, you will be taken to your hotel. You might want to rest for some hours; after all, your body needs proper rest it deserves. in the evening you will enjoy the Farewell Dinner. Stay overnight at Kathmandu:
Day 14: Final Departure
Our representative shall drop you at the Tribhuvan International Airport within enough time before your flight back to your country. We shall bid our goodbyes. Have a safe journey back to your destination.
Included in the Cost
- All the Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle, car/van or bus (depends on the group size)
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast at a 2-star level (3 nights)
- One full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley (cultural Heritages, UNESCO World Heritage sites by Private Vehicle.
- Professional English-speaking Tour guide during a city tour.
- An experienced, Knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and English speaking, government-licensed trekking guide.
- Porter/Sherpa services to carry your duffel bag (2 clients 1 porter)
- All necessary paperwork such as Everest National Park entry fee, trekking permit, TIMS Card (Trekkers information Management system).
- Pasang Lhamu rural municipality entry permit
- Accommodation on the Tea House/ Mountain Lodge/Guest House Twin sharing bases with 3 times meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) with tea and coffee during trekking
- Mountain King Treks and Expedition printed T-Shirt, Duffel bag and Gokyo Valley route map souvenir for you.
- Welcome and farewelll dinner
- Group medical Supplies (First Aid Kit) carry by the guide
- All the meals, accommodation, equipment’s, salary, transportation, Insurance and local tax for all trekking staff.
- Domestic flight tickets from Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu.
- Trip achievement appreciation certificate
- All the tax, vat, local tax, and services charge
Not Included in the Cost
- International Airfare and Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Entrance fee for Temple, and Monuments during the city tour in Kathmandu Valley.
- Personal trekking gears
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages, hot water, mineral water during the trek.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, internet, sweet snacks beverages barbill and battery charge
- Tips for tour/trekking staff and driver
- Extra night Kathmandu Hotel early arrival from Trekking and late departure.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned on price include a section
The main essentials to bring are:
On the popular trekking routes, everyday supplies, such as toilet paper, soap, chocolate bars, and even basic hiking supplies can be purchased along the way, though prices rise dramatically as you go higher in elevation. Try to stock up lower down and buy locally-produced products such as fruit, biscuits etc. Maps are easy to find in Nepal. For the more difficult treks involving mountaineering, crampons and ice axes may be required. Simpler types of crampons, which attach to the shoe using a rubber ring, are easily obtainable in the Thamel neighborhood. These are variously known as spikes, micro spikes and chains.
- Sturdy and comfortable hiking boots, flip-flops
- Sleeping bag (depending on your accommodation) and -20 degree Celsius for colder regions
- Daypack, trekking bag pack, dry sack and camera bag
- Few changes of clothes for the varying temperatures
- For cold weather, hiking pants, thermals, gloves, neck warmer/scarf, beanie, a warm inner jacket and a windproof / waterproof outer jacket and down jacket are essential.
- Water purification supplies, a reusable water bottle and a camelback water bladder
- Sunscreen, Hat, sunglasses, moisturizing skin cream and lip balm
- Few snacks, granola bars
- Hiking stick or two
- Waterproof case, fabric bandages such as moleskin, a headlamp, altitude sickness and other medication
- Camera and binoculars.
- Hand sanitizers, toilet paper, band-aids, wet wipes
- Extra batteries (solar chargers recommended)