Helambu trek is one of the best cultural treks in the Langtang region. This amazing trek combines a unique culture and nature, where you can experience the pure wilderness of nature. Helambu valley lies in the north side of Kathmandu Valley which is filled with numerous splendid mountains view with rare and endanger vegetations and wildlife glimpse. Helambu is a home place to Hyolmo Sherpa community, it is one of the best opportunities to encounter with the Sherpa people and learn their unique culture and traditions. Helambu region is one of the best destinations to trek in the beautiful diversity and have breathtaking mountains views in the Langtang region of the Himalayas. The blend of spectacular mountain scenery and Hyolmo culture of this region make wonderful experience of trekking in the mountain.
Helambu is the most reachable trekking region in Nepal where you can experience some of the most stunning scenery in the untouched Sherpa Village. The Helambu trek start from Sundarijal after an hour drive from Kathmandu, allow you to enter Shivapuri National Park, where you will discover wildlife and beautiful forest with verities of the trees and Chisopani, Kutumsang, Thadepati, and Sermathang. Apart from this, you will view mountain forests with great Himalayans along with beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu sightseeing
Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal/trek to Chisapani
Day 4: Trek to Kutumsang
Day 5: Trek to Thadepati
Day 6: Trek to Tarkeghyang
Day 7: Trek to Sermathang
Day 8: Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazar/Drive to Kathmandu
Day 9: Departure
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,320 m)
Welcome to Kathmandu. Our representative will receive you from the Tribhuvan International Airport and take you to your hotel. After your short rest, you can do some shopping for your next day trek. Our representative will provide you with a short explanation about the further trek. You will have dinner in the Nepali restaurant and stay overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu sightseeing
After early breakfast, we will manage you to visit major world heritage sites in Kathmandu such as; Pashupatinath, Syambhunath, Boudhanath Stupa, and royal Kathmandu Durbar square. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal (1,350) and trek to Chisapani (2,300 m)
After early breakfast, around 1 hours’ drive takes us to the Sundarijal from Kathmandu. As you reach to Sundarijal then further trek will let you explore the Shivpuri National park, where you can witness various rare and endangered wildlife. After exploring National Park, you will continue our trek until you will reach to the Mulkharka Village inhabited by Tamang communities. Walking over the ridge via the dense forest rich with rhododendrons takes you to Chisapani. Stay overnight at Chisapani.
Day 4: Trek to Kutumsang (2,446 m)
After morning breakfast, we will descend from Kutumsang, through crossing the fields and meadows until you reach to the Pathi Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang. After making our trail through the ridge, you will pass another beautiful pass. Further descent leads you to Kutumsang. Stay overnight at Kutumsang.
Day 5: Trek to Thadepati(3,650 m)
Today, after early breakfast, we will make steep ascent trail through the beautiful forest mixed with rhododendron and fir. Trekking further will surely take us to the Yurin Danda, which offers us a magnificent view of various Mountains. Then you will reach to Thadepati, further walking for a while. Stay overnight at Thadepati.
Day 6: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2,560 m)
In this day, after early breakfast, we will continue our trek descending down to the Melamchi Khola, through the several settlements inhabited by Sherpa communities. Throughout today's trek, you will have some magnificent views of mountains. Some people regard Tarkeghyang as a Helambu because most of the Helambu are living there. Here you can discover one of the ancient and largest monasteries in the Helambu region. Stay overnight at Tarkeghyang.
Day 7: Trek to Sermathang (2,610 m)
Today, after early breakfast, we will make our trail towards Sermathang, which is situated at the elevation of 2610m. During the way, we will be passing through the forests, several streams and beautiful waterfalls. Today’s journey is quite comfortable, where you will also be passing the beautiful Gangyul Village and Parachin Village. After passing Gangyul Village you will arrive at Sermathang. Stay overnight at Sermathang.
Day 8: Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazar/Drive to Kathmandu (1,320 m)
After having the next morning breakfast, we will head back to Kathmandu from Melamchi Pul Bazar. We need to descend down to the Melamchi Pul Bazar, it is home to Sherpa communities. You will catch a bus from Melamchi Pul Bazar and reach to Kathmandu, in the evening you nwill enjoy the Farewell Dinner. Stay overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 9: Final Departure
Today is your last day in Nepal. Our representative will help you to find your destination. We wish you a safe journey back to your country.
Included in the Cost
- All the Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle, car/van or bus (depends on the group size)
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast at a 2-star level (3 nights)
- One full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley (cultural Heritages, UNESCO World Heritage sites by Private Vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Sundrijal by private Vehicle
- Melamchi Pul bazaar to Kathmandu by bus
- Professional English-speaking Tour guide during a city tour.
- An experienced, Knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and English speaking, Government-licensed trekking guide.
- Porter/Sherpa services to cary your duffel bag (2 clients 1 porter)
- All necessary paperwork such as Shivapuri Nagarjun and Langtang National Park entry fee, trekking permit, TIMS Card (Trekkers information Management system).
- Accommodation on the Tea House/ Mountain Lodge/Guest House Twin sharing bases with 3 times meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) with tea and coffee, during the trekking
- Mountain King Treks and Expedition printed T-Shirt, Duffel bag and Helambu route map souvenir for you.
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Group medical Supplies (First Aid Kit) carry by the guide
- All the meals, accommodation, equipment’s, salary, transportation, Insurance and local tax for all trekking staff.
- Trip achievement appreciation certificate
- All the tax, vat, local tax, and services charge.
Not Included in the Cost
- International Airfare and Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Entrance fee for Temple, and Monuments during the city tour in Kathmandu Valley.
- Personal trekking gears
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages, hot water, mineral water during the trek.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, internet, sweet snacks beverages barbill and battery charge
- Tips for tour/trekking staff and driver
- Extra night Kathmandu Hotel early arrival from Trekking and late departure.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned on price include a section
The main essentials to bring are:
On the popular trekking routes, everyday supplies, such as toilet paper, soap, chocolate bars, and even basic hiking supplies can be purchased along the way, though prices rise dramatically as you go higher in elevation. Try to stock up lower down and buy locally-produced products such as fruit, biscuits etc. Maps are easy to find in Nepal. For the more difficult treks involving mountaineering, crampons and ice axes may be required. Simpler types of crampons, which attach to the shoe using a rubber ring, are easily obtainable in the Thamel neighborhood. These are variously known as spikes, micro spikes and chains.
- Sturdy and comfortable hiking boots, flip-flops
- Sleeping bag (depending on your accommodation) and -20 degree Celsius for colder regions
- Daypack, trekking bag pack, dry sack and camera bag
- Few changes of clothes for the varying temperatures
- For cold weather, hiking pants, thermals, gloves, neck warmer/scarf, beanie, a warm inner jacket and a windproof / waterproof outer jacket and down jacket are essential.
- Water purification supplies, a reusable water bottle and a camelback water bladder
- Sunscreen, Hat, sunglasses, moisturizing skin cream and lip balm
- Few snacks, granola bars
- Hiking stick or two
- Waterproof case, fabric bandages such as moleskin, a headlamp, altitude sickness and other medication
- Camera and binoculars.
- Hand sanitizers, toilet paper, band-aids, wet wipes
- Extra batteries (solar chargers recommended)